I love recipes like this where you can easily change ingredients according to personal preferences or what you may have on hand. Gluten-Free and Vegan.
Fruit and Nut Squares
Serves: 9 Squares
- 1 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2½ cups almonds
- ¼ cup *liquid sweetener
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup preserves or jam
- 1 cup fruit
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Mix ground flax seeds with the water and set aside.
- Mix preserves or jam, fruit, and chia seeds and set aside.
- Process almonds in a food processor until they are slightly coarser than almond flour. Add sweetener, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, flax mix, and process until combined.
- Spread evenly in pan and bake for about 22 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and spread fruit and chia mixture on top and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool before cutting in to squares.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate if there are any leftovers.
Agave Nectar, Maple Syrup, or Brown Rice Syrup